Senior Legal Counsel (Contract, West Coast)
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
The Opportunity at Culture Amp
You're deeply curious and passionate about people and culture but you know your greatest skill is in law. As our Senior Legal Counsel, you will primarily be responsible for all legal-related matters involving new sales and customer renewals in North America. However, as part of a rapidly growing business, the formal job description ends there. This is an excellent opportunity to join the legal team at a high growth technology company and learn about global commercial contracts, the SaaS sales process, data privacy, data security and what it takes to build a successful global business focused on people and culture. From assisting various teams with complex legal problems, to coordinating cross-functional projects, your involvement in all aspects of the business is not just encouraged – it’s essential. Accordingly, you’re comfortable working in ambiguous situations. You are able to identify the key issues and use your legal expertise, logic and clear thinking to determine the appropriate and commercially realistic course of action.
You'll be a key member of our legal team and will work closely with our overseas teams to find legal solutions to real world business problems. You’ll be joining a collaborative, supportive, high functioning, GLOBAL team - so flexibility on time zone is important. This is a special opportunity for the right candidate, with fantastic potential for growth. Any experience you have working with SaaS platform customers, especially in the HR space, will come in handy. West Coast based lawyers are preferred due to time zone. This role can be fully remote or hybrid if you’re based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
- Advise and guide all levels of our sales and customer success teams through new sales and customer renewals (deal process and contract management); join calls and negotiate agreements directly with prospects and customers to efficiently close commercial deals.
- Undertake vendor reviews for new software and other tools to assist with business growth.
- Draft and negotiate marketing agreements in support of the marketing team across Australia, the US and EMEA.
- Draft and negotiate partnership documents, such as referral agreements and content agreements.
- Assist with negotiation and management of office leases across Australia, Europe and the US.
- Help design and implement legal processes to drive our growth and capture new learnings; and help share that expertise with the development of training materials and conducting training sessions for business teams.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, privacy and tech law to enable you to provide high quality legal advice; and advise our sales and customer success teams on customer privacy and security issues.
- Work collaboratively with different teams across the business and the globe to help progress our company's goals and mission and a deep interest in improving the world of work and a culture/values first mindset.
- Experience working with technology companies (ideally startups or scaleups).
- Breadth of experience with many areas of law, particularly B2B, enterprise and technology contracts, data privacy, data security and compliance.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and advance several deals simultaneously, often on tight deadlines.
- Highly responsive, accountable, growth mindset, and service-oriented attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- The attention to detail you'd expect from a lawyer.
- A confident, effective and positive advisor who can help our sales teams through difficult customer sales. Experience supporting and empowering account executives throughout the commercial negotiation process.
- A high level of integrity and judgment that is supported by great communication skills.
- A friendly, team-focused attitude that fosters a positive, collegial work environment inside and outside the legal team.
- Ability to develop a nuanced understanding of Culture Amp and our industry, with an eye towards aligning decisions with our bigger picture goals.
- The flexibility to adapt and thrive in a constantly changing environment as we grow our business, learn more about our customers, and figure out what works best and what doesn’t.
- JD degree and a member of a State Bar/active license to practice law with 2-5 years of in-house experience at a SaaS company.
After 3 months, you will have…
- Gained a thorough understanding of what our customers need and how we help solve those problems.
- Become the key contact for all contracting matters for our North America teams.
- Come up with ways that we can improve our contracting process with customers.
- Developed a deeper understanding of international data privacy matters.
- Built relationships with the other teams at Culture Amp and work cross-functionally to support our company goals.
- Be busy, but still having fun.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support program, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital/online events
Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We already have over 1,000 amazing Campers and we want to continue to attract exceptional people who are motivated by our mission. Our approach to compensation aligns with this value. We believe in fair & equitable pay at Culture Amp, and therefore, we build pay equity into all our programs in addition to conducting annual pay equity audits.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is listed below. The range is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual skills, capabilities and experience, objectively assessed during the interview process.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package will include additional components such as equity and benefits. For sales roles, your package may also include sales commission. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.