Senior Software Engineer - Platform
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
The Employee Data Ingestion (HRIS) team is responsible for building and supporting a stable, scalable and future proof platform for our customers to bring their employee data into the Culture Amp platform. This role is a key part of enabling us to scale from helping improve the world of work for 4 million to 100 million people.
This new team will own the design and execution of building out a new ingestion pipeline platform. Taking learnings from our past endeavors you will help shape the future of how we ingest and deliver employee data from 3rd parties to the rest of the Culture Amp platform. This requires careful consideration to be able to quickly and cheaply scale to the high ingestion demands of our customers, while keeping maintenance and support issues to a minimum.
As part of the Platform Camp, you will have the support of a group of experienced technical leaders who are already leveraging areas such as serverless, event sourcing and distributed event-driven microservices to evolve our overall technical architecture.
What you'll bring to Culture Amp
As a senior engineer, you will be driving technical conversations, providing technical suggestions, making decisions and collaborating with engineers and stakeholders in the company. You will be responsible for bringing features from conception all the way through to owning them in production. You will own the software life cycle in our platform, focusing on code quality, best practices, monitoring, logging, and alerting. You will have opportunities to amplify your impact by pairing up with engineers from other teams, collaborating with our fantastic designers, attending external customer meetings, and contributing to our code base, which is used by other engineers.
- Work closely with other engineers to build, maintain and enhance our services following industry best practices
- Work with product teams, design teams and end users to understand their needs/requirements/problems and then work to develop, refine, slice, implement and measure the impact of the solution.
- Collaborate with other engineers in the team through pair programming, writing solution designs, or giving feedback on pull requests, to build a shared understanding of the work.
- Drive technical conversations, provide technical suggestions and make decisions as a team
- Strong programming skills. Experience with Golang and/or Typescript is core to this role
- Experience with or knowledge of distributed systems, event-driven architecture
- Experience building reliable, scalable, complex software applications
- Familiarity with logging, monitoring and alerts in microservices
- Experience with front end frameworks such as React,
- AWS experience, CDK and CI/CD skills
- Curiosity and interest to learn new technologies and implement practical solutions
- A creative thinker
- A strong communicator
- A Team player
- Have the curiosity to think a little left of field / outside the box
What we offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the culture we have built and use our product to ensure we are constantly improving our world of work.
We want every Camper to feel at home and do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have 4 values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism on our website.
But that’s not all!
- Flexible working hours - in this (please don't say unprecedented again!) time, make your work schedule work for you
- Parental leave
- MacBooks for all!
- Shares - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success.
- Fun and inclusive digital, and in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.