Counterpart is a management liability insurance platform for the 21st century workplace. We offer products and services to help companies align the risks and incentives of creating great organizations. Our platform is designed to measure risk more efficiently using the most advanced rating system in the industry, while also proactively mitigating the risks of our insureds. Ultimately, we provide businesses with frameworks to be the best versions of themselves. That’s where you come in.
As an early member of the team, you will create relevant, impactful content that helps small businesses and the brokers that support them be the best version of themselves. You will work closely with the business development, insurance, data and products teams to deliver industry leading content for the different stakeholders involved in the purchase and sale of our novel insurance products and services.
- Develop, Test, Launch, and Optimize multi-channel marketing engagements across key user segments to drive user activation, retention, and LTV
- Create and distribute marketing content (incl. blog posts, webinars, emails, social) that facilitates greater awareness of management liability exposures for small businesses and drives engagement with the risk mitigation services on our website
- Develop an efficient but memorable onboarding experience for brokers and insureds
- Lead design and execution of lifecycle marketing and CRM, including copywriting, testing CTAs, defining KPIs, and measuring performance
- Develop content around major announcements (product launches, new partnerships, key hires, etc.) to maximize short and long term engagement
- Present your work, findings, and opinions to stakeholders across the company to accelerate our learnings and lay the foundation for best-in-class CRM and marketing practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure every touchpoint is representative of our brand and accretive to our mission
- Oversee the content production process, including strategy development, ideation, drafting, editing, proofing and publishing content with other content writers and designers.
- Support with Counterpart’s brand voice, tone, editorial style and content guidelines for our multi-channel content strategy.
- Collaborate with digital strategists, data analysts, comms, SEO and paid media teams to identify clear goals with measurable results that are reported on across the organization.
- Share recommendations on how we can optimize our content by analyzing and reporting on key performance metrics, including organic traffic, engagement, click-through rates, and conversion.
- 7+ years of email/retention marketing and at a high-growth company, including expertise in use, selection, and setup of marketing automation platforms
- Expert in search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM).
- Experience in digital content creation and developing content strategy.
- Strong familiarity with the marketing toolkits e.g. Google Analytics, HubSpot, Hotjar, Optimizely, Sumo, Zapier, Intercom, etc.
- Multi-channel marketing experience with proficiency in analytics and engagement metrics
- Strong analytical skills, and eagerness to measure, report, and optimize quantifiable impact.
- Proficient in Google Suite and experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Looker)
- Bonus points for past experience or interest in fintech or familiarity with the insurance industry.
- SaaS and or product-led growth industry experience strongly desired.
- Comfortable operating in a remote environment.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Tanner Hackett, CEO & Founder: Having founded two other major startups, including Button and Lazada, Tanner now spends his time focused on mental health through his philanthropy, Open Minded.org, in addition to reading, surfing, yoga, and enjoying the outdoors.
- Emad ElShawa, VP of Growth: As the former Chief of Staff and early team member at Fundbox- Emad led all Business Operations functions and helped scale the company to over $160M in annual recurring revenue. A small business owner himself, Emad knows the inefficiencies that plague the small business economy first hand and has dedicated his career to building products and businesses to help address them.
- Megan Linney, Sr. Content Marketing Manager: Megan has helped define and lead brand voices at companies big and small, from big-box brands like Walmart to smaller, more niche fintechs. As our resident grammar gal and Senior Content Marketing Manager, Megan works with both our insurance and growth teams to better serve our broker partners and to help demystify insurance for small businesses. When not at her keyboard, you can find Megan practicing yoga or planning her next big trip.
- Ryan Capra, Head of Insured Services: Before joining Counterpart, Ryan spent most of his professional career building and scaling customer success teams and operations. Ryan is passionate about understanding the voice of the customer and delivering positive and valuable customer experiences. He spends his free time physically, mentally and emotionally exercising and planning his next travel adventure.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unlimited Vacation: We offer flexible time off, allowing you to take time when you need it.
- Work from Anywhere: Counterpart is a fully distributed company, meaning there is no office. We allow employees to work from wherever they do their best work, and invite the team to meet in person a couple times per year.
- Stock Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Parental Leave
- Home Office Allowance: to set up your home office with the necessary equipment and accessories.
- Book stipend
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- No working birthdays: Take your birthday off, giving you the opportunity to relax, enjoy your special day, and spend time with loved ones.
- Charitable Contribution Matching
- Conjoin Expectations - it is the cornerstone of autonomy. Ensure you are aware of what is expected of you and clearly articulate what you expect of others.
- Speak Boldly & Honestly - the only failure is not learning from mistakes. Don’t cheat yourself and your colleagues of the feedback needed when expectations aren’t being met.
- Be Entrepreneurial - control your own destiny. Embrace action over perfection while navigating any obstacles that stand in the way of your ultimate goal.
- Practice Omotenashi (“selfless hospitality”) - trust will follow. Consider every interaction with internal and external partners an opportunity to develop trust by going above and beyond what is expected.
- Hold Nothing As Sacred - create routines but modify them routinely. Take the time to reflect on where the business is today, where it needs to go, and what you have to change in order to get there.
- Prioritize Wellness - some things should never be sacrificed. We create an environment that stretches everyone to grow and improve, which is fulfilling, but is only one part of a meaningful life.
We are committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.