Counterpart believes in small businesses and is dedicated to helping them do more with less risk. By pairing leading insurance experts with cutting-edge technology, Counterpart empowers small business owners to grow with confidence. Exceptional underwriters, trusted insurance brokers, and prominent insurance carriers come together on the Counterpart platform to support small businesses by providing AI-driven management and professional liability underwriting and claims services. That’s where you come in.
As a Counterpart Product Manager, you will play a lead role in planning, sequencing, and development of the future of the Company. You will be a primary stakeholder on the company’s product roadmap and crafting the vision of what will be valuable for the company to work on. You will help coordinate the needs of our Product, Insurance, and Engineering teams while helping to design the systems and features that shape the future of insurance. In addition, you will help evolve and better culture, rituals, and processes that underpin a high functioning engineering team and the organization more broadly.
- Design and execute the launch plan for new insurance products & partnerships in collaboration with the insurance, growth, product, and data teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of our insurance team & external partners’ pain points and use that knowledge to design and deliver innovative solutions that address their needs.
- Drive adoption and engagement by enabling our insurance team & external partners to successfully use and derive value from our products, through effective product training and documentation.
- Monitor and analyze our insurance team’s product usage to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
- Conduct user testing and feedback sessions to validate and refine user personas and use cases.
- Work with the business and engineering leads to define goals and objectives for the upcoming quarter that are aligned with the company's overall vision and strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional units, including engineering, design, marketing, data science, and operations, to ensure the successful delivery of products that meet insurance market demands and business goals.
- Ensure transparency and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders at every step of the product development process.
- Oversee the delivery of products on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate results and insights with cross-functional teams & external partners.
- 5+ years experience working in operations or product management in an insurance technology company
- Highly effective communication skills with the ability to convey technical challenges between engineering and the various product stakeholders
- History of managing successful product and feature launches from the idea to development stages
- Past experience building in a fast-paced environments
- Ability to inspire action and drive decision making with team members
- Excitement for building and experimenting with new technologies and systems
- Highly organized and detail oriented to maintain complex documentation and systems
- Broad understanding of modern technologies used by engineers
- Experience working with remote team members consisting of both full-time teammates and 3rd party contractors.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Tanner Hackett, CEO & Founder: Having founded two other major startups, including Button and Lazada, Tanner now spends his time focused on mental health through his philanthropy, Openminded.org, in addition to reading, surfing, yoga, and enjoying the outdoors.
- Chris Shafer, Chief of Staff: Chris is a published scientific author, having studied the neural correlates of gratitude at the lauded Brain and Creativity Institute. He has since helped to launch numerous businesses in which he held a variety of critical roles from product management to business operations to strategic partnerships. Chris received his bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences from the University of Southern California.
- Mike Levins, Head of Insurance: Mike previously was the Head of Broker Relations and US MGA Operations at Hiscox. Mike oversaw the Midwest region with ~20 underwriters offering 13 different product lines, the primary lines being management liability, professional liability, and cyber/technology. His extensive insurance career has afforded Mike strong relationships across hundreds of retail and wholesale brokers. Mike received his BS from Marquette University and MBA from Benedictine University.
- Fernando Guayasamin, Director of Engineering: Fernando is a highly-skilled software engineer with over 18 years of lead experience in the field, with a broad background including platform engineering, data strategy, enterprise systems, mobile application development and embedded software development.
- Tobias Schuler, Head of Data Analytics: After becoming a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society & working as a consultant actuary at EY for several years, Tobias went on to drive the actuarial data & systems teams at QBE. He further leveraged his deep insurance & technical expertise at Munich Re Digital Partners in North America, where he headed data & analytics & oversaw the data infrastructure behind some of their largest programs.
We are committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.