Senior Software Engineer, Product
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who wants to be an impactful part of a small team looking to change the way technical hiring is done. In this role, you will be an integral part of our Product Engineering team and will make significant contributions to our three core products: Pre-Screen, Tech Screen, and Interview.
To learn more about the kinds of projects we work on, check our our Engineering blog! Some noteworthy projects include:
- Autocomplete for the dozens of coding languages we support
- Live, collaborative editing for our IDE
- Persistent workspace sessions to power terminal support and more
CodeSignal is the leading technical interview and assessment solution, helping companies identify the right candidates with the right skills—even if they don’t have the “right” profile. Hiring and selection teams use CodeSignal to increase speed-to-hire and candidate pipeline yield, and tap into underrepresented pools of candidates. Founded in 2015, CodeSignal is trusted by leading companies like Netflix, Capital One, Robinhood, and Dropbox. Some of our recent accomplishments include:
- Winning Builtin's Best Places to Work: Fully Remote 2023 Award
- Continuing to be an Industry Leader in several G2 Categories in 2023
- Winning TrustRadius' Best of Software 2022 Award
- Getting Certified as a Best Place to Work 2023-2024
- Raising $50M in our Series C led by Index Ventures in 2021
- Raising $25M in our Series B led by Menlo Ventures in late 2020
What makes a Signalite?
Signalites are the incredible people who make up CodeSignal’s global team. We believe every Signalite should be given the context to understand decisions, the freedom to act independently, and the responsibility to do what’s right. These principles build upon each other to drive motivation, speed, innovation, and a results-oriented, high-performing culture. We believe that culture is not just about principles, but also behaviors. This belief can be seen and felt in everything we do as Signalites.
- Lead design discussions on features where you're able to lend your technical expertise
- Contribute to building product features across the full stack (from the front-end to the back-end to separate microservices)
- Develop clean and maintainable code, with an emphasis on quality and craftsmanship
- Conduct code reviews and collaborate with your peers
- At least 4 years of professional, full-time software engineering experience
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Drive and initiative for getting things done
- Available to work full-time. Candidates must be based within GMT-GMT+6 timezones.
Bonus Points for the Following
- Experience with any part of our stack:
- Any experience in a related industry, including assessments, HR tech, or education
Why You’ll Love It Here
💰 Competitive salaries based on local market
🩺 Medical, dental, and vision insurance
🥳 Team activities and get-togethers to connect with your fellow Signalites
🏝 Unlimited PTO and remote-first work policy
📚 Continuous learning with educational reimbursements provided
- 💻 Equipment provision and generous home office setup stipend
💙 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join a fast-growing SaaS company
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At CodeSignal, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and helps us all grow as Signalites and individuals. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. CodeSignal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.