Trust & Safety Support Specialist
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too..
We are hiring a safety support specialist to handle safety tickets coming from a variety of users. This can be parents, teachers, tutors, school leaders, children, and even government bodies. This is a critical role to provide our community the right support as we continue to scale multiple products. It is a small team where your feedback and ideas will have significant influence.
What you’ll do:
- Accurately respond to escalated customer support tickets in a timely fashion
- Identify and document product and process improvements that you are observing from customer interactions
- Enhance the documentation and training materials of our privacy/safety customer support protocols
- Work with legal, trust & safety, product teams, and leadership to respond to highly sensitive issues
You will be a match if:
- You have 3+ years responding to escalated customer service requests with ticketing software such as Zendesk
- You are comfortable handling sensitive communications and subject matter
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable interacting with a variety of audiences
- You are comfortable managing your own schedule for follow through on all needed tasks
- You want to work in a fast-moving company with high expectations
You might be a good match if:
- You have Previous exposure to child safety issues as a social worker, teacher or member of law enforcement
- You have worked in Trust & Safety before at a consumer tech company
- You have Familiarity with no-code workflow tools such as Zapier, OneTrust, or AirTable
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.