Senior / Principal Producer
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
ClassDojo is looking for a Senior Producer to join our internal social game studio. With millions of kids already active on the platform, we’re building a user-customizable sandbox world where kids can push the limits of their creativity and collaborate in playful, emergent ways.
As our lead production hire, you’ll lead the way in building an efficient game studio; working on initiatives from early concepts to live operations.
- Guide the production process from creative documentation through to launch.
- Drive our teams towards the right amount of structure and process to create great experiences for kids on our platform
- Partner with the other leads to find the best path through production decisions and challenges
- Set up and manage goals and tasks for the studio to follow throughout each project milestone using Asana (or other tools)
- Ensure efficient, timely, and high-quality delivery of systems, features, and activities in the game
- Establish best practices on operational excellence across all disciplines, including how we work with external partners
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration within and across the team
- Help resolve any roadblocks or bottlenecks that get in our way, including dependencies, misaligned expectations, or stakeholder consensus and decisions
- Evaluate team performance and project progress regularly
- Create a positive and inclusive team culture as we build the virtual playground of the future
You will be a match if:
- You have 5+ years of experience in a production role within the gaming industry
- You have 3+ years of experience in virtual world, open world, or MMO game production
- You have worked on early stage game projects
- You have a proven ability to lead people and interact effectively with a variety of disciplines
- You have strong working knowledge of Asana (or other production tools)
- You enjoy bringing teams together to get things done
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have a background in other gaming disciplines such as design, engineering, or art
- You’ve worked on kid games or products, whether for education, entertainment, or both
- You’ve worked on live service games in a post-launch state
- You’ve worked with external as well as internal teams
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.