Growth Marketing Manager - France
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but we have a swanky new office in London that has all the bells and whistles. Even though you'll find us in Shoreditch, you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
When you join our team in the UK, you'll also be joining forces with Flourish, who were acquired by us in 2022. Flourish enables everyone to change the way they tell stories with data by creating rich, animated data visualizations and other interactive content that can be embedded anywhere - including in Canva!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Team:
Canva’s International Marketing group is a diverse and distributed team of marketers who drive user growth, brand awareness, and affinity in our 13 priority markets. In this position, you will report to the Head of Marketing for Europe and will partner closely with leads across the Intl group as well as the central Growth Marketing (GroMar), Brand, Organic Social & Content, Product Growth, PR, and Creative to build and implement a comprehensive growth marketing strategy for France across paid and some organic channels, based in our London office.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes growth marketing and has first-hand experience in high-growth tech companies in France.
You will be enthusiastic about user acquisition through leveraging marketing channels - with strong experience in Paid Social (Facebook, YouTube) and Ad Creatives. You will bring a deep understanding of the market gained through first-hand experience and a local professional network. This role will cover a wide range of responsibilities - building strategy, leading execution, collaborating with multi-channel teams, and reporting on progress. You will ultimately own France’s key growth metrics (primarily MAUs) and strong contribution to revenue and profitability goals.
We move fast here at Canva, and in this role, we are looking for someone who takes initiative and loves nothing more than to create a measurable impact and get work done. You will be enthusiastic about embracing the different opportunities & challenges that come with working across hypergrowth, global company. You’re who we want to be working with if you’re great at strategizing, juggling projects (and moving them rapidly along), and collaborating across functions and timezones.
About the Role:
- Strategy - Build and constantly iterate on the country's growth strategy based on local market insights
- Be the market expert for Canva - Be the country expert and primary point of contact for all growth marketing activities in the country.
- Collaboration - Collaborate with the central marketing and product teams for all growth activities relating to the country
- Goal setting & measurement - Set short and long-term goals, measure success, report and iterate across marketing channels to ensure incremental growth.
- Create an impact - Ensure that the country-level goals are achieved within the defined budgets and guardrails
- Share our wins & learnings - Communicate accurate and timely weekly reports on the performance of your marketing initiatives to the global team & other stakeholders.
- Be a team player - Involvement with other global marketing and growth activities as needed.
- 6+ years of experience as a growth marketer with exposure to both paid and organic channels.
- Strong experience of strategising, building, optimising and scaling Paid Social (Facebook, YouTube, TikTok etc.) and Ad Creatives.
- Deep understanding of the French market through first-hand experience in high-growth consumer-focused technology companies preferably in the technology space.
- Comfort in leading a multi-channel growth strategy and marketing plan across paid marketing, organic social, brand, partnerships, PR, lifecycle, affiliate, and product growth.
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of multi-channel marketing: ROAS, payback model, incrementality, retention, attribution, etc.
- Ability to make decisions under ambiguity with an experimental and learning mindset.
- Experience in working cross-functionally and effectively with multiple partners in different time zones.
- Skills and experience in planning and managing budgets of $1M+ in an efficient and productive manner with a focus on key priorities and spending principles.
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small.
- A self-leader who can work independently in a fast-changing environment with evolving priorities while multiple teams rely on you.
- Full proficiency in French is required for this position.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.