Senior Learning Partner
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We’re looking for a Learning Partner to partner with our PH Speciality Leads, People Partners and Canva University to own the program design and strategy for the 3 biggest specialities in the Philippines: Customer Service, Marketing, and Design. This is both a strategic and delivery role and an incredible opportunity to make an impact on our capability and learning strategy as Canva continues to evolve towards a Skills & Goals based organisation.
About the team
Canva University (internal Learning & Development) sits within the People Experience group. Canva University’s mission is to ‘Empower and excite Canvanauts and our community to continuously learn and grow, helping them achieve crazy big goals’.
We do this by partnering with our business collaborators to identify and grow the capabilities we need. We design, curate and deliver world-class learning experiences to support Canvanauts with the knowledge, skills and approaches they need at every step of their journey. However, we know there is so much more to unlocking growth than formal learning experiences and take a comprehensive view to build a culture of learning, empowering Canvanauts to apply and embed their takeaways in their day to day.
Our learning experiences are aligned to our 12 Skills Framework, which sets out the most important skills that every Canvanaut needs to thrive throughout their journey at Canva. Our 12 Skills are centred on 4 pillars, Leadership & Coaching, Strategy, Communication & Craft.
What you'll do
- Develop a deep understanding of the business opportunities and challenges we’re working to solve; design & deliver tailored people strategies & solutions that both scale and enable them to achieve Crazy Big Goals
- Work with the specialities and People Leads to discern the current skill gaps and skills we need for our future (business strategy, capacity planning, succession planning etc)
- Deeply understand the current learning culture and assess enablers and barriers to growth and learning
- Provide guidance and support to regional teams to ensure consistent implementation of global learning initiatives
Building Learning Strategies
- Identify and address learning needs that have a measurable impact on individual, team and business performance
- Co-design learning experiences with Craft skills experts, to scale skill excellence across Specialities, Canva and our community
- Connect and curate Canva wide learning experiences to contextualise it for the learning for our Specialties, regions and teams
- Design and implement effective measurement and evaluation tools to track progress and assess impact
- Stay informed and share emerging learning trends, technologies, and methodologies to ensure our learning solutions remain innovative
Enable a culture of continuous growth and development
- Coach and empower Leads with the approach and tools to foster a culture of learning
- Build and embed continuous learning moments throughout the every day experiences of Canvanauts
- Empower the Specialty to develop high impact learning solutions by providing expert guidance on how to structure, develop and implement learning experiences that will address their needs
- Facilitate a range of workshops as part of our programs. This may include training up others internally to facilitate or delivering a range of workshops around the 12 Skills, Leadership or speciality specific learning sessions
Role in Canva University
- Continuously communicate insights and updates from the Specialties with the Team to enable us to shape our talent and learning strategy globally
- Work in partnership with our Canva University Team, People Experience and the People Group to hustle cross-functional projects and achieve our goals as a Group
- Help to craft and implement our Capability and Learning strategy globally
- Bring in best practice research and new insights to constantly push improve and streamline our processes within the team
- Continuously find new and improved solutions to help us excel, evolve and change the learning industry
Who you are
- Shown experience partnering with senior collaborators in order to understand critical priorities, business needs, determine performance gaps, and build and implement a learning strategy and roadmap
- You have built and delivered learning experiences that engage and build capability
- You have expertise rallying a wide range of collaborators and cross functional teams to gain agreement and keep momentum on projects
- Excellent awareness of instructional design and learning centric design and incorporating this into a range of blended and digital learning solutions
- Passion for execution of end to end project management with close attention to detail
- Understanding of talent and organisational development
- Experience acting independently in an ambiguous environment
- Prior experience working in or with tech companies is desirable but not essential
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.