Payroll Manager, APAC
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Owning end-to-end payroll processing for APAC, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and timeliness.
- You are the go-to person for all Australia and New Zealand payroll-related matters, including future payroll or Employer of Record (EOR) expansions within APAC.
- Staying up-to-date with payroll laws, regulations, and tax requirements across APAC, ensuring our payroll processes are compliant.
- Driving continuous improvement within the payroll team and implementing best practices to enhance efficiency, data integrity and accuracy.
- Providing leadership in addressing complex payroll issues and resolving escalations, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to communicate and implement payroll-related changes, policies, and procedures.
You're probably a match if:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field. A Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Global Payroll Management Institute (GPMI) designation is a plus.
- You have extensive payroll experience in Australia, with specific expertise in handling complex payroll processes and ensuring compliance across multiple countries in APAC.
- You understand payroll regulations, tax laws, and labor legislation in Australia and various countries within the APAC region.
- You pay attention to the details, and ensure accuracy in payroll calculations and data entry.
- You’re proficient in using payroll software and systems such as Infinet Cloud, ADP, Workday or similar platforms, and have advanced proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets.
- You’re an exceptional communicator who can work cross-functionally, solve problems creatively, and implement solutions.
About the team
Canva’s Payroll team is a part of the Finance and Legal Group, predominantly based in Australia, with growing teams in the Philippines, EMEA and the United States. We manage payroll for our ever-growing community of Canvanauts worldwide.
As Canva continues to grow and expand globally, the payroll function faces increased complexity in scaling operations and compliance. We are expanding the team, adding technical expertise and operational skills to help Canva achieve its crazy big goals.
With payroll being one of the most critical functions in Finance, the team plays a significant role in making Canva one of the best places to work. We are dedicated to ensuring that every Canvanaut is paid accurately and on time, providing an excellent employee experience.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.