Product Advocate Lead
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Product Advocates team
Growing our adoption and expansion in teams & businesses of all sizes is a core company strategy at Canva. We are doubling down on our premium and new product initiatives for businesses, and building a cross-functional Go-To-Market (GTM) engine consisting of Product, Growth, Marketing, Sales and Data.
A key pillar of this GTM engine and one of Canva’s big bets in 2022, is our Product-led Sales motion, a data & product-led customer acquisition strategy that complements our successful self-serve strategy.
The Product Advocates team is a core component of this motion as it bridges the gap between self-serve and the strategic sales team by offering a layer of low-touch human support to customers. The goal of the team is to assist paid teams in small and medium businesses to onboard and rapidly experience success on Canva, through a combination of low-touch conversion tactics, such as in-product chat, demos & webinars.
To help us fulfill this vision, we are looking for a Lead who’ll help oversee and manage a team of Manila-based Product Advocates, partnering closely with the Head of Product Advocates based in Sydney. Based in Manila, this will be the on-the-ground role ensuring the group is successfully set up to scale our Product-led Sales motion and ultimately deliver on our bold growth goals. This role will also closely collaborate with our Customer Happiness Team, Product and Marketing functions.
About the role
With experience in sales and customer success, you love guiding teams and translating processes into day-to-day activities for the Product Advocate team. You have experience training teams and constantly lift the skills and expertise of those around you by identifying gaps and helping improve them. You are able to deliver real impact through strong leadership and coaching.
You believe that customer experience is paramount, and love to build impactful teams & processes around this core principle.
You have proven experience guiding teams to success and fostering a culture within. You have a strong focus on a collaborative approach, and the ability to drive outcomes across the team.
What you'll do:
- Coach a team of the rapidly-growing Product Advocate group in Manila, and support the vision to optimize and scale it
- Manage a team of people, setting direction, deploying resources as needed, and ensuring prioritization flows are in place
- Set and deliver upon the goals and strategy for the team
- Impact change through the work of the product advocate team
- Alongside the Head of Product Advocates, you will support the translation of the Product-led sales strategy into daily activities that drive high-quality customer interactions that maximize conversion and team productivity
- Run training on the playbooks to help your team successfully have these customer interactions.
- Refine team processes, training, and support - you lift the skills and expertise of those around you by identifying gaps and encouraging growth, development and long-term engagement
- You proactively help others to address issues and work effectively with diverse groups of people
- You can lead effectively through team formation stages, proactively solving barriers to team effectiveness
What we're looking for:
- You have 5+ years of experience leading a team of representatives in sales, customer success, or support; preferably in a high-growth, product-led B2B SaaS company.
- You have scaled teams in fast-paced environments
- Proven experience using your judgment to identify and resolve day-to-day problems
- A passion for great customer experience and the ability to translate customer needs and feedback to internal stakeholders
- You have previous experience leading teams that handle both customer email and chat interactions.
- A champion of diversity, skilled at creating an environment of belonging, trust, safety, and inclusion.
- You are willing to work on different shift schedules.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.