Engineering Manager - Business Data Platform
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Setting a vision, designing a strategy that aligns with the organisation development and the achievement of goals and priorities, ensuring the data platform architecture & tooling landscape are efficient and effective in supporting the delivery of business use cases.
- Defining and building the business data platform, its capability roadmap and the pathway to achieve the data platform’s evolution in line with customers and collaborators product roadmap and priorities.
- Building a diverse and inclusive, highly engaged and impactful team to best support the evolution of Canva’s business data platform.
- Supporting the deployment, implementation and adoption of data governance and data management principles.
You're probably a match if:
- You have relevant experience in coaching and leading teams, preferably in the data platform domain.
- You've got experience in building and leading a large scale central and distributed data specialty.
- You have proven experience in general data engineering, data analytics/data science, data warehouses, data modelling, and a solid understanding of data governance and data management.
- You have the ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way.
- You have demonstrated strategic & long-term thinking with pragmatic excellence in execution.
About the team
This position sits in the Business Platform group within the IT Group at Canva.
The IT Group’s vision is to maximize the potential of every Canvanaut through world class technology & service. The group consists of Business Platforms, IT Platform and Technology Experience.
The Business Platform are responsible for building Canva’s foundational and innovative platforms and services that enable Canvanauts to deliver high impact to our business and do the best work of their lives. We support business operations across Finance & Legal, People and IT.
The Business Data Platform team within this group aims to enable significant, scalable and sustainable value via data and insights, through building a world-class data platform and empowering Canvanauts with efficient & effective data capabilities. The team will focus on the Finance, People and IT’s tooling, architecture and roadmap to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, compliance and continuous development.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.