Service Desk Analyst - Accounting
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About Team Spend
Team Spend is Canva’s Source to Pay team which is composed of Sourcing & Procurement and Shared Shared Services - Accounts Payable and Expense & Travel. Team Spend came together to upgrade Canva’s spending experience for both internal and external collaborators. Our Goal is to empower Canvanauts to focus on their impact by providing the most Efficient and Frictionless Spend Experience.
What you'll do ...
- Serves as frontline for responding requests through the service desk ticketing tool.
- Prioritize and categorize tickets and ensure timely resolution based on the established processes and SLAs.
- Identify tickets with no available FAQs and help articles for common questions/issues.
- Perform follow-ups or the necessary critical issue procedure to ticket assignees and/or requestors.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Ensures timeliness of ticket status and accuracy of notes and comments in the ticketing tool.
- Perform updates on established processes as necessary.
- Provide periodic reporting on results and performance metrics.
- Work closely with Team Spend to assist in evaluating detailed resolutions and analyzing trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Assist with other ad hoc transactional and reporting activities within Team Spend
What we're looking for ...
- A Bachelor’s/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent Business-related course
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to optimally prioritize and complete tasks
- Highly organised with the ability to work within set deadlines
- Keen attention to details
- Must have basic understanding of Google suite applications and/or the equivalent MS Office apps.
- Experience with Jira is helpful but not required
- Customer support experience in a BPO or Shared services organization is desired
- Newly graduates are encouraged to apply
What you'll learn and how you'll develop at Canva ...
- Improve craft on Procurement and Expense Accounting which will provide an opportunity to move up to expense or AP accountant roles.
- Exposure to Agile Framework and Scrum Methodology as a Team Spend project management approach.
- Exposure to Netsuite Oracle accounting software, Atlassian softwares (Jira & Confluence), and other task management softwares.
- Improve presentation skills and use Canva as a product.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?