People Operations Lead (12-month fixed term contract)
People & HR, Operations
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We are looking for a People Operations Lead (12-month Parental Leave) to oversee all aspects of Canva’s People Operations function, leading out on both the day to day operations, as well as launching new programs of work in anticipation of broader business and employee needs. More info on each of the teams this role will support:
People Central (Shared Services) is our first point of contact for all employee enquiries. It includes our People help desk & self service, as well as our Onboarding and Offboarding squads. People Central specialise in repeatable high volume tasks that requires consistency, efficiency & precision, delivering outstanding customer service and keeping systems and data accurate.
Projects & Advisory consists of People generalists that support the overall employee experience at Canva, focusing on designing, building and launching people programs, processes and policies that support Canva's global growth and provides high touch support on complex matters.
Global Mobility provides advice and support to Canva employees, candidates, contractors and guests for all matters relating to visas, relocation, international remote working and our international assignment/internal mobility programs, in support of Canva’s talent strategies.
People Analytics supports the delivery of people data and insights across People Group and business leaders by building and maintaining foundational people data governance processes and scalable and secure technology solutions.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Ensure the smooth running of the day to day of Canva's Global people operations whilst thinking strategically about the business needs.
- Provide operational leadership on program design, employee experience, operations, measurement, continuous improvement and other aspects of the employee journey.
- Build collaborative and trusted relationships with stakeholders at all levels, advising and providing hands on support on all matters impacting people operations
- Enhance Canva's people services by driving new ways of working with scalability, efficiency, automation and globalisation in mind, whilst also contributing to the People Group's future state operating model
- Collaborate with the People leadership team to develop a shared strategy and roadmap on key strategic priorities, and support the delivery of new policies, programs and solutions across the People Group.
- Grow and develop a highly effective People Operations function to deliver high quality service, advice and solutions to the organisation.
- Sponsor and enable the development and growth of the People Operations team members
You're probably a match if
- Demonstrated experience leading in a people operations space. Experience within tech, fast growing organisations and teams across multiple countries highly regarded.
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills and ability to communicate complicated details, simply and effectively, with individuals at all levels within the organisation
- Systems thinking and ability to navigate both depth and breadth, working in the details when needed, while also maintaining a bigger picture perspective.
- Excellent problem solver, key to this role is the ability to see through challenges, identify problems and implement improvements.
- High learning agility and dealing with ambiguity. Able to organise and prioritise with limited guidance and a focus on delivering exceptional customer service experiences.
- Proven track record of leading and growing high performing teams
About the Group/Team Canva
People Group is a group of passionate and talented team members who are on a mission to "Empower our teams to do the best work of their lives". We do this through focussing on five key strategies; Empower ever person and every team; continuously up-skill; achieve impactful goals; ensure we all feel we truly belong and thrive every day.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?