Engineering Manager - Photo Editing (Front End)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Monday, May 8, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, the role is focused on:
- Owning the team’s technical direction by understanding the broader company strategy
- Driving strategic planning and create goals for the team
- Leading the team to implement the strategy
- Building and maintain a balanced team culture
- Coaching and leading the frontend engineers of the team, supporting their career growth journey.
You're probably a match if:
- You have proven technical and people leadership experience
- You're experienced in building and working in impactful and collaborative teams where everyone is able to share their best ideas and be their best selves
- You have experience in crafting and building commercial web applications; comfortable contributing to design documents and performing thorough code reviews
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to work with a diverse range of Canvanauts from different backgrounds, with different expertise, and with different professional and personal needs
- You're capable of leading by example - promoting Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values.
About the team
The Photo Editing Group is committed to providing our users with the most innovative and ground breaking tools to enhance their creative process. We understand that photo editing is an essential part of the design process, and our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible.
With our latest photo editor experience, we have introduced a variety of new features that are already getting great feedback from our users. Our state-of-the-art graphics and AI/ML techniques enable users to transform their vision into stunning visuals with ease. We are constantly working to improve our platform and provide our users with the best possible experience. Our team is dedicated to staying ahead of the competition, and we are excited to see what new features and enhancements we can bring to our users in the future.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?