Social Video Producer
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We are looking for a Videographer/Editor to join our Canva Creative Production Team. You will be creating compelling social media content that demonstrates the beauty, simplicity and value of the Canva platform and products, in an engaging and native way for our social channels. You will deliver video content for campaigns and product launches to be deployed on our social channels, spanning various executions and formats, partnering with creatives and brand media teams. This is a 4-month contract with an immediate start date.
About The Canva Creative Team
Canva’s in-house creative team is on a mission to make Canva the most loved brand in the world. We work from concept to creation on world-class creative across brand communications, marketing campaigns, editorial content and production.
As part of this team you’ll help create a brand that communicates our purpose, defines perception and awareness globally, and puts a spotlight on our diverse community– ensuring they receive a human, inspiring and empowering experience.
We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone who loves to get stuff done. You’re who we want to work with if you can balance your brilliant creative streak with ruthless prioritisation that moves projects rapidly along.
We believe in attracting and nurturing world-class talent with a focus on diversity, community, career development – and doing the best work of our lives.
How We Work
Our internal clients include the Product Marketing, Brand Marketing & Channel Marketing teams as well as internal business teams such as our Leadership, Community, Recruitment & Vibe teams. We are responsible for championing a consistent and human brand, and evolving it over time as we learn, grow and pursue excellence in branding. We scale through our external agency and production partners and collaborate with cross functional creative teams such as Product and Sales.
What You'll be Doing
- Shoot & edit video assets and social video content across our Canva and CanvaLife channels, Talent Brand channels, and Internal Comms and PRDesign and motion graphics for (but not limited to) titles, end cards, branding elements, lower thirds.
- Mix sound (including music, SFX, and final mixdown).
- Colour grading (including use of look up tables and color space transform).
- Work across the Adobe creative suite, Da Vinci Resolve and Canva to independently fulfill end-to-end post-production needs.
- Ensure digital assets are delivered on-time in line with expected creative quality.
- Brainstorm concepts for all our active social media channels, including staying across trends and platform-native vernacular
- Work collaboratively with copywriters and channel owners to pitch content to stakeholders
- Storyboard video concepts, both for stakeholder buy-in and for production
- You’re Comfortable with chaos. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
- You’re Eager to learn and evolve. From creative craft to leadership skills to market trends – you never stop pushing into the next big challenge. You work alongside people who are better than you at some things. To you this isn’t a threat, but an inspiring opportunity to learn and grow.
- You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all in this together. You love nothing more than to collaborate and build trusted relationships with your team, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life, and having the best time doing it.
- Right brain, left brain. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground. You balance creative and strategic excellence, flipping between big picture thinking and pixel-perfect craft without jeopardizing the quality of either.
- You’re a fantastic communicator. Your communication skills help you work cross-functionally with other teams. You brainstorm concepts and facilitate workshops. You give and receive constructive feedback and can clearly articulate how creative work can be improved, mentoring others to deliver their best work.
- You have a bias for action. You’re happy to roll up your sleeves and muck in. No task is too small (or big!) if it helps the team around you to be more effective, and rallies them to achieve their goals faster.
- You're always striving for your best. You’re a talented creative with amazing design chops, yet you never stop pursuing excellence in yourself and in your work – “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.” A A master designer, able to visualise the brand and its products to myriad demographics and personas clearly. Creating a sense of connection in their work between Canva and the audience.
- You have 5+ years experience as a videographer and editor of video marketing assets and social video content
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?