(Mid-Senior) Product Designer - Internal Tools
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Helping to guide your team and partners through a complex problem space by focusing on our internal and external user needs, as well as our strategic priorities as a business.
- Using your UI and interaction design skills to build experiences that will empower our specialists.
- Creating flows, mockups, and prototypes to visually communicate your ideas both to end users and internal teams, and you’ll be sweating the details to keep Canva’s quality bar high in everything you create.
- Connecting and communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders from both inside and outside your supergroup, building alignment and securing agreement on your team’s ideas and direction.
- Working within a close-knit design team and contributing to building our design culture within the User Voice supergroup.
You're probably a match if
- You’re a mid-level Product Designer who’s got a proven track record of solving complex problems, ideally in the tech/SaaS industry. This means you have at least 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- You’re interested in the interplay of support processes, systems, and operations to inform product design. Previous work that demonstrates a solid understanding of service design is a bonus.
- You're excited by the opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing and critical function of Canva. You recognise the impact that can come from internal enhancements and you are excited to work in an internal enablement domain. You are in touch with the audience you are building for (specialists/agents) and seek to understand their goals and challenges.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You’ve got a good balance between big-picture thinking and nailing the details.
- You know how to get buy-in from key stakeholders and bring people on the journey with you – they know what’s changing and why.
- You like to move quickly and aren’t afraid of fast growth and rapid change. Canva is growing faster than you can imagine – which means solutions that worked 6 months ago might break. You’re up for that challenge!
- You know how to prioritise ruthlessly and handle responsibilities for a wide number of projects – focusing your attention on the areas that matter most.
About the Group
Help and support, especially at scale, is a complex and exciting problem space. With a mission of “Every user empowered, every voice heard”, Canva’s User Voice super group is the critical interface to our most valuable partners; our users. We want to ensure that they have a flawless experience while using Canva products as we scale our way to support 1 billion users. Our teams are responsible for unlocking how we can deliver exceptional customer experience through streamlined and scalable systems, an optimized contact flow, expert support specialists, customer insights, plus tools to enable self-help such as our Help Center, Assistant and chat experience.
About the Team
Our Specialist Support Experience team is part of our Global User Voice Enablement Group. Its mission is to empower our Customer Happiness Team (CHT) and external partners by building the right tools and systems to deliver exceptional support at scale. This includes our internal support portal and other support systems such as Zendesk. This is a fairly new team, so you will play a key role in designing what the future of support experience looks like.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead - Chen Zhang Santos has to say about working in Design at Canva -
"I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?