Senior Frontend Software Engineer - Page Content and Delivery (Open remote across ANZ)
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Build components and frameworks that enable teams to rapidly and reliably build and manage web pages
- Collaborate with leads, product managers, and engineers across multiple teams in Canva, gaining important insights to build the right solutions
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and advocate for best practices
- Articulate engineering needs to non-technical team members
- Introduce new tooling to improve the platform's developer experience
- Model initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions while demonstrating pragmatic excellence
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Set up observability and monitoring capabilities to better understand the health of our platform
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
You're probably a match if
- Commercial experience in a software development environment, building, testing and monitoring scalable FE systems
- Experience developing rich web applications in Typescript, React & MobX
- Firm understanding and experience in web front-end tooling such WebPack and Yarn/NPM
- Experience building server rendered pages in NextJS on a GraphQL backend
- Experience in optimising web page performance and Core Web Vital scores
- Firmly grounded computer science and web fundamentals, data structures, solution design, architecture and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Passion for testing and ensuring software quality that meets high standards
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong user empathy
- A product thinking mindset and the willingness to contribute to the roadmap
- Experience with localization and optimization workflows
About the Team
Want to be responsible for the engine that powers most of Canva’s web pages? The Pages Platform team provides a platform of tools and frameworks that enable Canvanauts to build great landing pages without breaking a sweat.
About the Role
You’ll get hands-on experience building and maintaining the landing page rendering platform. This covers a range of responsibilities, from engineering new solutions that meet our stakeholders' needs, to providing technical guidance and advocating for best practice to maintain a high quality bar.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer who knows how to both communicate well and build delightful platforms that serve various teams.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.