Senior Product Marketing Manager, B2B (SMB/Self-Serve Teams)
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Friday, March 3, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
The product marketing team is on a mission to empower our Canva community to achieve its goals through Canva’s world-class products and tools. We do this by helping bring our new products to market and drive continuous engagement and adoption across our array of existing products. We want every person to discover how Canva can help them every day whether through creating social graphics, building impactful presentations, educating our future generations, or printing gifts for their friends. With Canva everyone can achieve their goals!
About the role
You will be the product marketing owner for our B2B Self-Serve Teams portfolio, responsible for driving product, user, and revenue growth of paid small & medium-sized teams via high velocity, self-serve GTM strategies.
As the subject matter expert for our SMB Self-Serve B2B portfolio, you will work in a strategic triad with Product Growth & Marketing Growth Strategist to set & drive the marketing growth strategy for self-serve teams at Canva, bring new features to market, launch high growth experiments and drive user adoption, retention & expansion. You will work closely with B2B marketing counterparts, including content specialists, channel experts, and data & creative production teams, who will execute your strategies and bring these to life.
You will be responsible for crafting the personas, positioning & messaging for the portfolio. Your market, competitive and customer knowledge will inform strategic roadmap decisions to ensure a strong product-market fit among Canva’s small & medium-sized paid teams.
What you'll do
- Product & Marketing Growth Strategy - You’re someone who can oversee the end-to-end product strategy and marketing opportunity for your area of business. You will work with Product & Marketing Growth counterparts to identify the highest impact user, business & product opportunities. Off the back of these opportunities, you will set & drive the marketing growth strategy for motion.
- Stakeholder Management - You’ll have the ability to influence and rally teams to seize core market opportunities and bring world-class products to market. Alongside your Growth Marketing counterpart, you will be responsible for briefing the marketing content & channel teams to execute on your marketing growth strategy. You will oversee and guide the end-to-end delivery of your strategy, and continually optimize it to ensure its success
- Targeting & Personas - You will be responsible for the targeting strategy for your motion portfolio. This includes identifying best-fit users with the highest propensity to adopt Canva, and developing impactful persona cards to inform targeting efforts across Marketing, Product Growth & Sales.
- Product Positioning & Messaging - You’ll own the creation and delivery of product positioning for your area of the business. You’ll be responsible for empowering all teams at Canva to use your positioning across the entire product and marketing funnel.
- Product Adoption, Growth & Awareness - As a seasoned product marketer, you’ll partner with product and marketing teams to ensure to own and drive continued adoption and engagement of our product base via onboarding and retention initiatives.
- Cross-Functional Champion - You’ll be the person that helps connect the dots between product, marketing, and sales. You’ll have superb stakeholder management and be a world-class communicator to ensure everyone knows what’s launching, when, and how it impacts them.
- Market & Competitive Research - You’re highly proficient in sourcing and analysing market and competitive insights and you’re able to translate these insights into actionable workstreams for teams.
- Voice of the Customer - You will be customer-obsessed and will ensure that user insights/feedback collected via product, marketing & sales channels, are communicated to your team and used to inform & optimize product and marketing growth strategies.
What we're looking for
- Relevant B2B product marketing experience in a senior/lead position in a product-centric organization.
- Exceptional communication skills, which empower all stakeholders to support your product strategies.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships with stakeholders from product, marketing, sales, strategy, and research.
- The ability to identify and forecast potential business problems/opportunities and identify appropriate ways to rectify/seize the opportunities and prioritize resources.
- Experience running complex cross-functional strategies and the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Ability to understand the market, competitors, and core customer audience. Identifying essential trends, and rectifying problems as they arise.
- You share these insights broadly with all key stakeholders and use these insights to mold the product, messaging, and GTM strategy.
- You’ll be someone who can juggle multiple projects at once and have strong prioritization skills.
- You’re someone with a growth mindset - eager to learn and try new things every day.
- You’re someone who loves solving customer problems with products. You enjoy working closely with product teams to build world-class products.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key to building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?