Travel Program Manager
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group/Team
The People Team’s mission is to create the most effective and engaged company in the world. Our mission is to create an employee experience where everyone can thrive and make an impact at Canva through; access to timely, accurate and human HR advice; the development and implementation of progressive, human-centred policies; efficient easy-to-navigate processes and technology that support a world-class people team built on a strong operational foundation.
About the Role/Specialty
In this role you will lead the evolution of Canva’s travel program. You will be involved in delivering a seamless, scalable and delightful travel experience all whilst keeping travel operations going smoothly! You will be the first point of contact for all matters related to travel.
You will partner with all travellers, travel approvers, our Leaders and Leadership Ops, Procurement, Finance, IT and Comms teams along with other key group and speciality stakeholders across the business to streamline travel and to support a large variety of travel needs (remote travel, business travel, group travel, guest travel, urgent or time sensitive travel etc). You’ll be responsible for identifying any travel pain points, to come up with ways to address and resolve them, to monitor travel feedback and operations for continuous improvement opportunities, and to report on data and insights regularly back to travel stakeholders.
You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, supporting the day-to-day delivery of our business travel function across all our global regions. If your sweet spot is at the intersection of people, process and technology, and you get a kick out of making a huge impact on the lives of employees then this role is for you.
What you’ll do
- You’ll lead Canva’s business travel program, and coordinate across a wide range of stakeholders to ensure travellers and travel approvers have the most seamless travel experience.
- You’ll lead the development and improvement of Canva’s travel related policies, processes and experiences globally, utilising the data effectively to uncover useful insights and provide recommendations.
- You’ll build a self service model that champions making complex things simple which may include building out fantastic toolkits and resources to support our travel program.
- You’ll provide hands-on support to SuperGroups Leads and Leadership Operations where the situation requires it (senior candidates and guests, large group bookings, etc.).
- You’ll provide advice and support to Canva employees, candidates, contractors and guests for anything travel related.
- You’ll respond to travel emergencies and disruptions, often requiring urgent and immediate action and critical thinking to navigate travel complexities including visa requirements and travel disruptions (e.g. COVID, Ukraine/Russia conflict).
- You’ll own the relationship with our travel provider (TripActions) and other travel partners (e.g. accommodation providers), holding them to account and ensuring travelers are well supported and have a seamless experience.
- You’ll create reports from our travel and financial platforms and utilise the data effectively to uncover useful insights and provide recommendations.
What we're looking for
- Experience in managing a program or project within the start up/scale up tech environment.
- You have deep travel management experience. You have worked in a corporate travel environment, managing the travel needs of business stakeholders at all levels.
- You’ve got great attention to detail, you’re highly organised and are comfortable building out all sorts of communications - from verbal and written communications to Canva presentations.
- You love working collaboratively. You can collaborate across multiple teams in the company to solve business problems.
- You’re customer focused. You listen, you understand, and you deliver speedy and quality results.
- You’re excellent at prioritising to get things done in a fast-paced environment with a bias to action. You’re not easily overwhelmed.
- You’re effective under pressure. You are adaptable and can act quickly on your feet in times of urgency.
- You’re eager to learn. You have a commitment to constantly developing yourself.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?