Senior Frontend Software Engineer - Native Experience (Open remote across ANZ)
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
What you’ll do
- Work on front-end code across the entire Canva product to make improvements that elevate our mobile users' experience.
- Be an advocate for native mobile users and a quality gate for web development standards for all of Canva's features.
- Work closely with Native Engineers and support by building the front-end portion of differentiated mobile experiences that are delightful for users, no matter their preferred device.
- Support Native engineers with front end expertise and code reviews.
- Opportunity to be a cross platform specialist on parts of Canva Front end code.
What we're looking for
- Passionate and invested in mobile experiences and users.
- Interested in having a tangible impact across many parts of the Canva product.
- Ability to think in valuable experience improvements that stack to a bigger vision, with a bias to shipping incremental value to users sooner.
- Pragmatic with their problem solving.
- Enjoys being a collaborative participant in the product design process.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?