UX/UI Design Reviewer
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At Canva, we want to unlock the creativity of 3rd Party developers and empower them to build valuable apps and integrations that meet the diverse needs of our Canva customers.
Do you have a love for design, a keen understanding of what constitutes a great user experience and a passion for review and quality assurance?
We are looking for skilled and experienced UX/UI designers to review and support the development of 3rd Party Apps to meet Canva’s quality bar before being released to millions of our Canva customers. The goal will be to assess each App on the overall quality and usability of the App experience as well as provide education and feedback to developers on how they can go above and beyond our minimum quality criteria to build an exceptional App experience for our Canva customers.
This position requires a high attention to detail, ability to problem solve and the ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about applying their design expertise to support the development of great user experiences in a scalable way.
What you’ll be doing...
- Review the UX/ UI of 3rd Party App submissions and ensure that they pass Canva’s minimum quality bar.
- Work closely with your App Review team to ensure consistency of reviews and that the quality standards are correctly applied.
- Identify areas that require additional education and guidelines to minimise App rejections and improve the overall quality of App submissions.
- Apply and provide guidelines to developers on how to apply Canva’s Design system components and patterns to deliver a consistent and delightful App experience.
- Identify opportunities to empower and inspire our 3rd party developer community with design education, design tips and recommendations.
- Provide both written and verbal feedback and guidance to developers through design consultations.
You’ll love this job if...
- You have a keen understanding of what makes a quality user experience based on your knowledge in design fundamentals in UX and UI.
- You have a keen understanding of user interactions and the importance of usability and accessibility in user experiences.
- You have an eye for great design and can apply and contribute to a Design system to ensure consistency, simplicity and integrity in a user’s experience.
- You love quality assurance challenges and enjoy working within target timelines and frameworks that enable you to apply your skills to a diverse range of user problems and design use cases.
We'd love it if you...
- Have experience in quality assurance and have provided critique and feedback on UX/UI designs.
- Have a strong foundation in design principles and demonstrated experience in UX/UI and user centered design methodologies.
- Understand user thinking and interactions to improve usability and accessibility
- Have strong written, visual and verbal communication skills to effectively provide guidance and recommendations.
- Can work efficiently within defined timelines to deliver timely feedback and recommendations to developers.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?