SEO Lead (Product)
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2022
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Canva’s SEO is world class, and we’re looking for a dedicated SEO Lead to join the core SEO team to help scale our next phase of product-led growth!
As an SEO Leader, you’ll have the opportunity to be an integral part of Canva’s global SEO strategy from start to scale. You’ll be working closely with a team of SEO specialists across English and localised markets, as well as cross-functional product teams in rallying towards daring growth goals.
You’ll thrive and adapt in a hyper-growth environment, and you’re confident making decisions and tradeoffs backed by data and experience. You have a curiosity for problem-solving, identifying new opportunities and continuous process improvements.
What you'll do:
- Own SEO growth for high priority product verticals, as well as seeking alignment and partnership with internal team members
- Lead and guide a team of cross-functional SEO specialists across our key SEO platforms to drive sessions toward these key verticals.
- Work closely with PMs, engineers, designers, other SEOs, and data analysts to drive Product SEO from planning, execution through to analysis and reporting
- Set clear Product SEO goals, critical metrics and requirements to define and measure what success looks like
- Educate and evangelize your vertical’s SEO strategies and plans so everyone is across standard methodologies across the business
- Keep abreast of industry trends, standard methodologies, and algorithms changes to inform SEO strategies and tactics, and identify new growth opportunities
- Partner with our Ops specialty leads to scale and improve existing workflows and processes, with a focus on automation and efficiency
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of in-house experience with a record of growing Product SEO (bonus if you can demonstrate clear growth outcomes from any vertical or market category focused SEO strategies)
- A natural leader and communicator, with exceptional experience rallying an SEO team alongside other tech specialties from design to engineering toward common growth goals
- A deep understanding of how SEO works across all key English and International markets, and social networks such as YouTube
- A well-rounded SEO who is comfortable working in cross-functional teams in a hyper-growth environment
- You have excellent analytical skills and are comfortable using data to guide your decision making
- You have deep knowledge in all aspects of SEO from content strategies to technical audits
- You are comfortable with documentation to define SEO strategies and technical SEO requirements
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Mode, Looker, Search Console, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Dragon Metrics, Screamingfrog and Deepcrawl
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?