Senior Brand Designer - 12 month contract
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2022
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the project
At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time. Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 30 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About Launch Crew
The Launch Crew is the design arm of the Sales & Success team, creating on-brand templates for our many global partners that use Canva for their organisation. Designing to support the Sales & Success team to win the hearts and minds of larger organisations is this team’s specialty and forms an exciting bridge between our many clients and their success on Canva. We visualise how a customer’s brand works in Canva, support new and expansion customers with template builds and empower the customer with design empowerment training to make sure they can do the best designs of their life - it’s the Canva way! Launch Crew contributes directly to Canva’s business success by helping acquire, retain and grow businesses on the platform.
About the role
As a Senior Designer on the team, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to shape the future of Canva. In this role, you’ll help our diverse range of enterprise clients meet their goals by elevating their branded toolkits through white glove tailored design services in Canva with an emphasis on business collateral design. You’ll have the opportunity to showcase the power of Canva and enhance the design experience for our client and their teams. The Designer contributes directly to Canva’s success by helping clients grow their content libraries and inform Canva’s product development through education and qualitative and quantitative data gathered in the projects.
- Work with a wide range of exciting global clients from all different industries
- Providing strategic and creative advice on how a client can make the most of Canva
- Craft bespoke designs for their brand
- Work independently as needed
- Think strategically when working on projects and making design suggestions
- Maintain exceptional quality of work and make sure all designs adhere to the clients brand guidelines
- Ensure templates are ‘unbreakable’ before sending to client
- Work with team to improve the Launch Crew offering
- Help in the process of gathering data and insights to inform product development
- An extensive and impactful experience as a Senior Brand Designer or another lead role crafting a diverse range of designs
- An exceptional sense of grid structure and text hierarchy
- The ability to adapt brand guidelines to multiple uses
- The ability to initiate and lead design projects alongside their accounts
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- The ability to work collaboratively in a global creative team environment
- An impressive project and time management skills to effectively rally teams towards your goals
To apply, please provide
- An updated resume
- A PDF file or link to your portfolio
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?