Service Vendor Manager - Customer Service
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2022
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group
User Voice Group’s vision is “every user empowered, every voice heard.” With all the product features and improvements we are rolling out at an immense scale, the User Voice group needs to keep meeting the support needs of Canva users. Whilst our primary goal is to solve issues before they happen, or to use technology to address them, we have a growing need for people to resolve more complex issues.
Canva’s current approach is to have a mix of in-house and outsourced teams to meet these needs. Outsourced support will continue to grow as we target to resolve at least 70% of support tickets via support vendors by the end of 2022, and 80% come 2023.
About the Role
This is where you come in. The role’s primary responsibility is to own and support outsourced relationships, ultimately bridging support vendor teams with Canva’s internal teams. So if you’re currently looking for an impactful and opportunity, with a bias for collaboration, innovation and deep relationship building, then this is for you!
What you'll be doing
- Be Canva’s culture and values ambassador: Ensure that all undertakings with the partners are aligned with Canva’s core values.
- Take ownership of BAU operations: Supervise the day-to-day operations of our support vendors, ensuring all relevant teams are engaged appropriately.
- Drive Continuous improvement: Continuously improve key performance metrics (e.g. CSAT, First Reply Time, Average User Wait Time, Tickets per Hour, Quality).
- Innovate and optimize: Operate with a continuous improvement mentality; identify operational and workflow gaps both within and without your immediate scope to suss out solutions resulting in improved user experience at optimal cost
- Be a strategic partner: Liaise with vendors both on and off site with a view to improve supplier performance and relationships
- Contribute to the outsourcing strategy: Provide inputs in the continuous reiteration of Canva’s outsourcing design framework. This will be used to determine what work will be outsourced vs what will be retained in-house.
- Commercial negotiations: Provide inputs to Canva’s procurement team to advise selection and negotiation of commercial contracts with support vendors.
- Drive breakthroughs toward our North Star: Participate in the development of the bigger group’s strategic business plan and monitor progress against goals.
- Implement special projects: Collaborate with internal Canva teams and ideate, design and ultimately launch special projects that will directly impact overall Support Vendor performance.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of leadership experience in managing international outsourcing operations at scale within the customer service, process management, or operational excellence domains
- Excellent project management skills with strong bias for action; able to set priorities, communicate effectively across different levels and functions, and drive continuous improvement
- Great organizational skills, can easily collaborate with various cross-functional partners both internally and externally
- Highly analytical and can break down complex problems into smaller solvable challenges with corresponding action items
- Experienced in managing multi-vendor, multi-region vendor relationship management and performance monitoring including analyzing data for reporting and translating high-level critical thinking to detailed execution.
- Able to work with high degree of autonomy and with strong sense of ownership
- Excited to roll-up their sleeves and get in the weeds whilst keeping another eye on strategic solutions
- Enjoys regularly traveling to both domestic and international Support Vendor sites to build relationships with on-site teams and improve supplier performance
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Go play with Canva! - Sign up for an account (it's free!)
Follow us on CanvaLife or our hashtag #Canvalife to know more how it is like to work with us!
How we hire? Here are the steps: https://www.canva.com/careers/how-we-hire/
How we act: Canva Values
What does the media say about Canva? Check out CNN, SpotPH, SparkUp & Canva press
Being a force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?