iOS Video Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, March 9, 2022
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Team
The Video Team at Canva is on a mission to become the go-to video platform for everyone. With millions of users using Canva every day, this is an opportunity to redefine dynamic and engaging communication. Have a global impact on the way people create now and in the future.
Canva Video has one of the largest audiences of content creators in the world. You’ll be a key driver in helping achieve our vision of becoming the go-to video platform, and build a multimedia playground for everyone - from individuals, to small businesses; from large organisations to NGOs.
- Work closely with the product team to deliver Canva’s Video product on iOS.
- Create and ship high quality code that gets used by millions of people all over the world.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Engage in technical and product design discussions with the team.
- Collaborate with other team members to figure out the best solutions to difficult engineering problems.
- iOS application development experience.
- Strong knowledge of Swift.
- Knowledge of native iOS architecture, frameworks, and the Xcode IDE.
- Computer Science / Software Engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS is a plus, but not required.
- An understanding of video technologies is a big plus, but not required
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan.
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance.
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team.
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership.
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers.
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy.
- Pet-friendly offices.
- Internal Coaches and an Employee Wellness Program.
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations.
- Relocation budget for interstate or overseas individuals.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
See more open positions at Canva
Something looks off?