Staff SDET (QA)
In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail ecommerce customers!
Bluecore is a Retail Performance Cloud specializing in artificial intelligence - based workflows. Our unique ability to leverage machine learning to match customer data with real-time product and behavior enables brands to build intelligent, marketing communications and personalized campaigns in seconds vs. days. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Perry Ellis, Teleflora, Tommy Hilfiger and Best Buy Canada, increase their performance with less effort leveraging our products. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies
Staff Quality Assurance Engineer
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Staff Quality Assurance Engineer with over 12 years of experience in Quality Assurance, with a strong focus on automation frameworks using Python for both Frontend and Backend testing. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of actively contributing to automation efforts, mentoring teams, defining best practices, implementing efficient processes and tools, and increasing automation coverage. The candidate should also have extensive experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Experience with Selenium and pytest is required; Playwright exposure is appreciated.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of automated testing frameworks for both Frontend and Backend systems using Python.
- Actively participate in automation efforts, ensuring high-quality test coverage and reducing manual testing efforts.
- Mentor and coach team members on automation best practices, coding standards, and testing methodologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement QA processes, standards, and tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Champion the adoption of CI/CD practices to streamline the deployment pipeline and ensure rapid delivery of high-quality software.
- Drive the adoption and integration of testing tools and technologies within the organization.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the QA team, promoting a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Facilitate regular team meetings, goal-setting sessions, and training sessions to enhance team skills and capabilities.
- Work closely with development teams to identify areas for automation and develop comprehensive test plans.
- Analyze test results, identify defects, and work with development teams to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in Quality Assurance and test automation.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement by actively seeking and providing feedback, sharing knowledge, and participating in process improvement initiatives
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Quality Assurance, with a focus on automation testing.
- Strong proficiency in Python programming language and experience developing automation frameworks from scratch.
- Extensive experience with both Frontend and Backend testing methodologies and tools, including Selenium & Playwright.
- Knowledge of test infrastructure setup and maintenance, including virtual environments and containerization technologies (e.g. Docker).
- Experience in scoping and managing vendors for QA-related projects, including contract negotiation and performance evaluation.
- Proven experience in mentoring and leading teams, setting best practices, and driving process improvements.
- Deep understanding of CI/CD pipelines and experience with tools like Jenkins, Buildkite, GitLab CI, or CircleCI.
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms, preferably Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in Docker, Kubernates is a plus.
- Certification in software testing (e.g., ISTQB) is a plus.
More About Us:
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using easy-to-deploy predictive models, activates welcomed one-to-one experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite capture and personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.