Senior Financial Analyst
Position: Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A
At Avidbots, we believe in solving real world problems with autonomous robotics solutions. Our current product, Neo, is a fully autonomous floor scrubbing robot deployed and trusted by the world’s leading facilities and building services companies- and we aren’t stopping there! We are dedicated to continuously innovate, both on our current product and developing new solutions. Headquartered in Kitchener, ON, Canada and Chicago USA, Avidbots is a rapidly growing technology company, recognized as a Great Place to Work and one of Deloitte's Fast 500. Take a look at what Neo can do!
About this role:
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Senior Financial Analyst to join our Corporate FP&A team. Reporting to Manager, Corporate FP&A, this is a highly visible role in the finance organization responsible for analyzing financial and operating data, providing valuable insights, and assisting in financial planning and decision-making processes across the organization. We are looking for an expert financial modeler with experience in creating business metrics dashboards, as well as supporting FP&A forecasting, budgeting, and reporting activities.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment. Excellent communication skills, high accuracy/attention to detail, strong organization, analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
How you will make a difference:
- Work collaboratively across the organization to develop business metrics and KPIs and launch business analytics reporting.
- Evolve three statement financial long-term model by aligning key performance drivers from income statement and balance sheet with business operations.
- Analyze data from industry sources, perform trend analytics, to help drive growth and evaluate overall enterprise performance and competitive landscape.
- Support the Manager of Corporate FP&A in budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for multiple departments, providing insights and recommendations for financial planning, and resource allocation.
- Assist in developing financial and operating models to predict future performance, set achievable targets, and guide strategic decisions for various departments.
- Support month-end close activities in partnership with the accounting team to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial reporting.
- Collaborate with supply chain leadership on developing inventory planning models and optimize procurement decisions based on company goals.
- Perform cash flow analysis and develop cash flow forecasts.
- Assist with the implementation of budgeting/forecasting and reporting software tools.
Key requirements and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- 4+ years relevant prior experience in FP&A, corporate FP&A experience preferred
- CFA or CPA designation, or progressing toward, preferred
- Expert financial modeling and financial analysis skills, including hands-on experience building three statement financial models.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize complex data into actionable insights.
- Experience with a CPM tool (Vena, Prophix, Adaptive, etc) preferred.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in the manufacturing and/or SaaS industry is an asset.
Avidbots is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/ life balance is critical to ensure the happiness/well-being of our people.