Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning
Software Engineering, Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Attentive® is the AI marketing platform for leading brands, designed to optimize message performance through 1:1 SMS and email interactions. Infusing intelligence at every stage of the consumer's purchasing journey, Attentive empowers businesses to achieve hyper-personalized communication with their customers on a large scale. Leveraging AI-powered tools, a mobile-first approach, two-way conversations, and enterprise-grade technology, Attentive drives billions in online revenue for brands around the globe. Trusted by over 8,000 leading brands such as CB2, Urban Outfitters, GUESS, Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, and Wyndham Resort, Attentive is the go-to solution for delivering powerful commerce experiences for consumers with the brands they love.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are
Our engineering department consists of 200+ people across multiple teams, such as application development, infrastructure, data platform, data science and machine learning, and security. We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation. To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data-driven decision-making.
As a Senior Data Scientist working on our AI portfolio, you will be a pivotal contributor, transforming data into actionable insights. Your work will guide the development of software solutions that enable our marketing team to craft high-performing messages.
Why Attentive needs you
- Develop data-driven strategies to address key business challenges, such as customer segmentation, churn prediction, and lifetime value optimization.
- Use advanced statistical methods and machine learning techniques to analyze and interpret complex data, transforming it into insights that can guide decision-making for both our product and marketing teams
- Partner with product managers to translate business needs into data analysis projects, helping to define KPIs and interpret the results to make actionable recommendations
- Provide guidance on the proper implementation of data science models within our existing software environment, ensuring models are interpretable, robust, and aligned with business objectives
- Collaborate with data engineers and machine learning engineers to develop scalable and reliable data pipelines for model training and inference
- Implement frameworks for monitoring the performance and validity of analytics and machine learning models, ensuring their continued relevance and accuracy
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a Data Scientist, with a specialized focus on software development and advanced analytics
- A proven track record of designing, developing, and deploying software solutions powered by machine learning and data analytics
- Strong expertise in Python, along with proficiency in data manipulation libraries like Pandas and modeling and analysis tools such as NumPy, Scikit-learn, XGBoost, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Scipy
- Demonstrable skill in SQL and experience with database systems like Snowflake, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- 8,000 brands powered by Attentive sent over 1.6 billion text messages over Cyber Week 2022 (Black Friday/Cyber Monday) representing a growth of 41% from 2021
- We sent 24 billion SMS messages in 2022. That’s an average of 50 million per day
- Our production cluster contains over 9,000 containers which serve 170+ services
- Our streaming services process over 28 billion events per month
- Our infrastructure runs primarily in Kubernetes hosted in AWS’s EKS
- Infrastructure tooling includes Istio, Datadog, Terraform, CloudFlare, and Helm
- Our backend is Java / Spring Boot microservices, built with Gradle, coupled with things like DynamoDB, Pulsar, AirFlow, Postgres, Planetscale, and Redis, hosted via AWS.
- Our frontend is built with React and TypeScript, and uses best practices like GraphQL, Storybook, Radix UI, Vite, esbuild, and Playwright
- Our automation is driven by custom and open source machine learning models, lots of data and built with Python, Metaflow, HuggingFace 🤗, PyTorch, TensorFlow, and Pandas.
What we use
You'll get competitive perks and benefits, from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $142,000 - $205,000 annually + equity + benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.