Senior Software Engineer
About Atlas Health:
Atlas Health automates philanthropic aid to improve access, affordability, outcomes, and health equity for vulnerable populations. Through intelligent matching and patient-friendly digital enrollment to 20,000+ philanthropic aid programs, healthcare organizations can improve patient outcomes, advance health equity, reduce the total cost of care and improve the patient experience. Join us on our mission of saving and improving lives by helping patients access and afford healthcare.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Atlas Health, you play a pivotal role in contributing to our next wave of growth and innovation. You will build out our brand-new infrastructure utilizing Golang, GraphQL, Kubernetes to build our Microservice Architecture taking our technology to the next level.
We are a growth stage company, so the Senior Software Engineer should be adaptive, proactive, and ready to drive our technological evolution.
- Develop, implement, and maintain our Microservices infrastructure.
- Work with Golang and Buffalo framework to ensure robust backend services.
- Implement and maintain GraphQL endpoints for optimal data fetching.
- Adhere to best practices for security, scalability, and maintainability.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure system architecture aligns with company objectives and customer needs.
- Perform code reviews, mentor junior team members and actively share knowledge across the team.
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure the technology aligns with business goals.
- Leverage expertise in SQL and NoSQL databases for efficient data retrieval and storage.
- Build and utilize automated pipelines for deployment to Kubernetes using Helm.
- Actively participate in sprint planning and backlog grooming.
- Write and perform unit tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Proficiency with Golang, GraphQL, Kubernetes, Microservice architecture and Helm (or similar Kubernetes deployment systems)
- Experience with enterprise-level systems.
- Demonstrated capability in system architecture and software design.
Why Join Our Team:
Because you’re motivated by a combination of success, working alongside incredible people, and have a passion for helping clients and patients. Atlas helps people access essential medical treatment, and avoid financial ruin from medical debt. You care about being a part of the journey and wish to play a key role in our organization’s success.
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan for our U.S. based employees which includes:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid holidays
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be provided to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Atlas values diversity of all kinds, and we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.