Onsite Patient Advocate (Towson, MD)
About Atlas Health:
Atlas Health automates philanthropic aid to improve access, affordability, outcomes, and health equity for vulnerable populations. Through intelligent matching and patient-friendly digital enrollment to 20,000+ philanthropic aid programs, healthcare organizations can improve patient outcomes, advance health equity, reduce the total cost of care and improve the patient experience. Join us on our mission of saving and improving lives by helping patients access and afford healthcare.
We are seeking a compassionate and tenacious Patient Advocate to help our patients navigate the complexities and obstacles of the healthcare system. Responsibilities include informing patients of their financial options, responding to patient and client queries, enrolling qualified patients into financial assistance programs, and coordinating the delivery of free medications and assistance payments.
To be a successful Patient Advocate, you should be highly empathetic, passionate about the well-being of patients, be driven to achieve set goals, and have a desire to learn more about the healthcare field.
Patient Advocate Responsibilities:
- Enroll patients in philanthropic aid programs
- Effectively manage post-enrollment work such as submitting claims or ordering medications
- Reviewing patient enrollments for accuracy and completeness
- Escalate and appeal patient assistance denials
- Order, receive, and log medication orders
- Coordinate medication deliveries to the designated pharmacy timely
- Always provide exceptional customer service to both the patient and client
- Provide patients with information they need to make informed financial decisions about their healthcare
- Identify opportunities to improve Atlas products and services
Patient Advocate Requirements:
- Proven experience in a high-performance, high accountability environment
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience working in healthcare is preferred
- Ability to offer emotional support and empathy
- Have passion for the well-being of patients
- Pass standard background check and drug screen
- Complete medical clearance per health system requirements (includes vaccination mandates)
- Remote positions require a distraction free office environment that is HIPAA compliant where Atlas is professionally represented
- Internal candidates must have completed six months in their current position.
Onsite Patient Advocate Requirements:
- Will require the ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to walk moderate distances during regularly scheduled work hours
- Must have the ability to lift and carry packages up to 30 lbs. as needed
Internet Service Requirements:
- Internet access provided by a cable or fiber provider
- DSL, satellite, and wireless broadband is NOT permitted; however, in an emergency, if there is an internet outage, your mobile hot spot can be used.
- Minimum upload speed of 2 mbps
- Minimum download speed of 5 mbps
Maintaining an uninterrupted internet connection is a requirement of the Work From Home position. You may be asked to upgrade your existing service or switch providers to meet the job requirements.
Modem & Router Requirements:
Our technology department has determined that modem/router combinations (sometimes referred to as a multi-port modem or gateway) often cause connection problems with company issued phones that can prevent connection. You may need to add a router into your network that meets the following guidelines:
- Ethernet ports wired for gigabit speed connections
- Availability of at least two (2) Ethernet connections to the internet source is required (for your PC and phone)
- Your modem or router must either be in the same room as your workspace, or you must have an Ethernet cord long enough to reach your workspace to meet this requirement. Working wirelessly is prohibited
Pay Range: This is a non-exempt position at $22 per hour.
Resume and assessments required to move forward with consideration
Why Join Our Team:
Because you’re motivated by a combination of success, working alongside incredible people, and have a passion for helping clients and patients. Atlas helps people access essential medical treatment, and avoid financial ruin from medical debt. You care about being a part of the journey and wish to play a key role in our organization’s success.
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan for our U.S. based employees which includes:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid holidays
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be provided to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Atlas values diversity of all kinds, and we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.