RF Hardware Intern — Fall 2024
Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
RF Hardware Intern — (Fall 2024)
- Design, simulate, implement, and measure passive/active RF sub-systems at microwave frequencies, including; LNAs, power amplifiers, up/down convertors, filters, oscillators, etc.
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team
- Passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Deep knowledge of basic RF concepts, such as transmission lines, impedance matching, filter design, and active RF circuits
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and testing RF hardware for microwave frequencies
- Experience with RF simulation tools (ADS or HFSS)
- Experience taking RF measurements with spectrum analyzers, signal generators, network analyzers, etc.
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Must be onsite in San Francisco 3 days a week minimum
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Antennas and Electromagnetics propagation knowledge and background
- Experience with Software Defined Radios (SDR)
- Experience with PCB design using Altium or similar schematic and layout tools
- Experience with Python (or other object-oriented programming language)
- Experience automating RF measurements