Senior Power Electronics Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
- Technical ownership of design of kW-level power systems for our satellites
- Manage and control key components such as solar panel arrays, power regulation and distribution, and high-density batteries
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Experience in designing, building, and testing analog and digital circuits
- Experience with kW level power electronics (DC-DC conversion, AC-DC conversion, etc)
- Experience with PCB thermal considerations
- Mastery of electrical CAD (Altium preferred, but not required)
- EMI/EMC experience
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with designing for fault tolerance, especially to withstand a radiation environment
- Experience with power distribution networks for high frequency applications
- Familiarity with embedded programming
- Electromechanical design experience
- Experience with galvanic isolation
- Experience with photovoltaics
- Experience with Li-ion batteries and management systems
- Experience with magnetics in power electronics
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.
What we offer:
What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis's total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are informed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.