Thermal — Associate Engineer Program (Summer 2024)
As an Associate Engineer, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems — we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on complex projects, and our Associate Engineers work on projects that are of equal importance and difficulty to the projects we give our full-time employees. Many past Associate Engineers have designed and tested hardware/software that is heading to space on our first satellite, and many now work at Astranis full-time.
- Work together with the engineering team to design, analyze, build, and test satellite hardware and/or software.
- Support design trades that successfully balance performance margins, resource use, risk, cost, and schedule.
- Perform thermal analysis to varying degrees of fidelity (simplified to detailed) on a variety of different types of hardware such as propulsion components, batteries, high powered electronics, RF components, mechanisms, and printed circuit boards (PCBs).
- Design, evaluate, procure and test thermal solutions such as heaters, heat pipes, thermal interface materials, and surface coatings.
- Develop processes and procedures for integration and assembly which ensure thermal design intent is met. Collaborate with the integration and test team in the installation of thermal hardware as needed.
- Plan and run thermal vacuum testing and verification at the component and spacecraft level.
- Have a four-year degree in mechanical, aerospace, or equivalent technical degree (e.g. physics or applied math)
- A passion and enthusiasm for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, build, and test hardware from scratch.
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Must be onsite in San Francisco 3 days a week minimum
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with CAD
- Experience with analytical software thermal analysis such as ANSYS and Thermal Desktop
- Experience with electronics systems design and packaging
- Experience (projects or previous internships) related to aerospace