Power Electronics Associate (Spring 2024)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Associate Engineer positions typically last for twelve weeks, and are salaried roles designed for students who have already received a bachelor's degree (or who will have done so before working at Astranis).
As an Associate Engineer, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems — we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on challenging projects, and our Associate Engineers work on projects that are of equal importance and difficulty to the projects we give our full-time employees. Many past Associate Engineers have designed and tested hardware/software that is heading to space on our first satellite, and many now work at Astranis full-time.
If you are still a college student, please apply to join us as an Intern.
- Work with the power engineering team to build and test flight hardware
- Design test equipment to validate designs across a wide range of stressed conditions
- Bringup and debug designs in the lab
- Write code to help evaluate performance and automate testing of satellite hardware
- Coordinate assembly, integration and environmental test efforts
- Have a four-year degree in electrical or computer engineering (or equivalent technical degree)
- Interest in learning about, designing, and working with power electronics systems
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Experience with Python
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, build, and test hardware from scratch
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with Altium Designer (or other PCB design software)
- Experience with SPICE-based simulators (LTSpice, PSPICE, ADS, etc)
- Comfortable with soldering and rework
- Familiarity with standard EE lab bench (power supply, oscilloscope, multimeter, etc)
- Familiarity with basic switched mode converter design (boost and buck converters)
The base salary for this position is $1750 per week.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.